- pollution of the water in rivers and lakes
- Introduction of foreign substances to a water source, either toxic to life forms or creating an oxygen demand, depriving indigenous life forms of oxygen and resulting in their death.
- The addition of sewage, industrial wastes, or other harmful or objectionable material to water in concentrations or in sufficient quantities to result in measurable degradation of water quality.
- a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface; “they showed us the pictures of their wedding”; “a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them”
- A painting or drawing
- A photograph
- A portrait
- visualize: imagine; conceive of; see in one’s mind; “I can’t see him on horseback!”; “I can see what will happen”; “I can see a risk in this strategy”
- painting: graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface; “a small painting by Picasso”; “he bought the painting as an investment”; “his pictures hang in the Louvre”
This picture is an example of pollution, not water pollution, just pollution in general; I drove a short ways from my house and took this picture. Pollution to our earth seems to be a bit more severe than just water pollution. Everywhere you go you will see pollution, I don’t care where it is, you’ll see paper, plastic, glass, metal, and everything else, just lying around on the ground. This is ruining our earth; it ruins the beauty and the soil. When people want to get rid of the garbage in their car, most of them just throw it out the window, that’s just…wrong. I mean, what would be the big deal to just wait until you got home and put it in the garbage can? Every time we litter, it is polluting our earth. Every time they dump garbage just wherever they can find to dump it, it is polluting our earth. The carelessness of the community members are a big part of pollution. If we really cared about our environment we wouldn’t pollute it. I throw food out the window sometimes because a hungry dog might need it, but I no longer throw garbage out.
This picture is an example of water pollution; this is a picture of a creek near my home. As you can see the water is completely contaminated. Water pollution is a problem because it contaminates the water around us and can lead to contaminating the water we drink. Water pollution is also dangerous, what if we drank water that was polluted and didn’t realize it? It could possibly kill us. I know water pollution is a worldwide problem, but it is also a local problem. I know that water pollution can’t just be fixed, but I think that if everyone in the community would try harder to keep the water and the earth clean, water pollution would be a lot less severe.